Thursday, November 1, 2007

Reprogramming



There's been a change in my work schedule...no more landscaping for the time being...I'm inside now, doing front desk shift work (and praying for the day I can rip off Rebecca's "My Glamorous Job".) I'm working from 11 pm to 7 am. This is all fine. This I can deal with. I can utilize the programs, I know where everything is, I can actually tone the snark and contempt down long enough to help someone if they have a problem. It's pretty quiet at night, so I have time to read and work on poems at odd moments with no problem. What I'm not sure I can deal with are the two idiot xtian woman who bring daily devotional books on their shifts but cannot count money. Perhaps I should write a devotional for them...something about a humble girl in no neck Missouri who enumerates her blessings....perhaps the idea of counting will carry over...thick as these two are, I doubt it.


~*~

Last night, while out sneaking a ciggy, about 1 in the am, I saw a drunk college boy staggering toward campus from one of the crap bars. He was dressed like Hulk Hogan. It was pitiful.


~*~

Sent out poems at the end of last week. Working on more. We shall see.

No comments: