Sunday, July 13, 2008

Steps, Baby & Otherwise

Last night I had the best sleep I've had in weeks. So deep I dreamed. I think almost every one I know and love made a cameo appearance: Brian, of course, Eric and Tommy and Shlee, Irene, Aaron, my mom--there were others, but I didn't write it down when I woke. I don't remember much beyond glimpsed faces, everyone smiling, there was a lot of shining, well-polished honey stained wood.

~*~
I am determined to get organized. I've bought a bunch of cabinets and bookshelves. I'm shopping for a new desk/hutch combo. I'm tired of stacks. I want an orderly, grown-up kind of space right now.
~*~
All the gladiolus I set out last year are blooming. They're rich: salmons, coral, claret red. They always remind me of my grandfather. They were his favorite flowers.
~*~
I am about to take a very big step.

1 comment:

anything but poetry said...

Hey Darling,

I'm going to be dragging you bookshelf shopping...I'm throwing all mine out because I hate them and they're falling apart...