Thursday, August 2, 2007

Skippy the Pissy Oompa Loompa

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thankfully my journey to the center of bureaucracy was not especially maddening. My name got flagged again (just like 5 years ago) because someone with the same name had his license revoked. I laughed when the DMV worker said she had to call Charleston. She looked at me and I said "I'm flagged. It says my license has been revoked, right?" She said yes and asked how I knew. I explained. Went through the rigmarole of "no I don't have a middle name, just a middle initial. Here's my birth certificate." She made the call, got me cleared and came back to finish up. I asked her why, with all the data sorting options available to them, the WV DMV still insists on flagging by name only. This apparently was the wrong question, because she lost all of her former affability and said "That's the system we have. " Oh well.

I look dreadfully orange in my photo. Like an Oompa Loompa's mugshot.

No comments: