Friday, December 7, 2007

EW...I Just Puked in My Mouth a Little

Sometimes I wonder how we manage to survive, given all the shit (literally) that we're exposed to in our air, our food and drink. I'm not even talking the (now and scarily) normal sort of food and product recalls. I found this on AOL news this morning.

Restaurant ice cubes dirtier than toilet water

A recent study in Chicago found that an alarming number of restaurants, more than 1 out of every 5, has more bacteria and fecal matter in their ice cubes than in a random testing of toilet water.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, somewhere in my heart of hearts I knew this. Which is why I always say "no ice!"

Collin Kelley said...

Yeah, I know it, too, but I love crunching ice. If you really stopped to think about what goes on in restaurant kitchens, you'd never eat out again. Trust me. Don't think about it. I dated a guy who used to work in the kitchen of a national chain and he said the shit that goes on back there makes a little doo doo on your ice cubes seem like nothing.