Monday, April 16, 2007

NaPoWriModified

As I've noted, the NaPoWriMo poem a day project has suffered. So I'm modifying the assignment. I'm actually going back to the cannibal file and culling all these little drafts and lines of poems that never really seemed to fit what I was doing at the time. I've come to realize that they're all part of a single larger project. It's only taken about 2 years to make the connections (sometimes I'm a bit slow.)

All of the pieces are printed out and I'm going to start tackling them today with a pen. I don't think the entire thing will be done by the end of April; who knows, I could surprise myself. But this is definitely, potentially, the longest/largest poem I've ever written.

I know there are a few of you poetical types who check in now and then, so I'd like to throw a question out to you (okay, two questions): 1. What is the longest poem you've written? and 2. How was that process different than your normal process?

1 comment:

Keith said...

Ahyou already know a bit of my saga but I'll weigh in.

The longest poem I ever wrote is no longer the longest poem I ever wrote. Originally it was about 10 pages, though.

The process of writing this one was different in that it was the first time I cannibalized different poems and poem parts I had written and blended them into a new poem. I suppose when all is said I done it will be a haiku.