Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Spin I'm In

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What a pleasant surprise to wake up this morning without pain in my left arm and shoulder. It took a couple of hours to pin down what was different and then I realized. Hopefully I can be sensible and not mess this up.

The last couple of weeks have been rough. Not just because I've been sick and hurt. I've also been awfully emotional. Not in the ways I usually am, either. It's been quick little crying bursts and feeling restless. At first I chalked it up to the bronchitis and arm thing. But now, I'm not sure. Maybe I've just been manstruating. Lord knows. I will say this. The
Sarah McLachlan /ASPCA ad has sent me off on crying jags every time I've seen it. I don't know why. I hate the song "Angel." She's awfully bronze in the ad. But those sad little animals, they get me.

NaPoWriMo has been a bust so far. Not being able to type for long has been a big part of it--I do a lot of my early drafting at the keyboard. Fixating on the pains and limitations of my body has been another non-starter. I've done some editing and rearranging. But no composing. I'm hoping to sit myself down and get some new stuff done by the end of the week.

The covered plants have made it through the freeze. I might have to cut back the bleeding hearts. The weight of the snow and ice on the plastic have them bent pretty badly. I'm not sure if the stems and stalks will totally recover. Compared to the flowering shrubs though, they had it easy. The lilac, mock orange and weigelia foliage are in hideous shape. Not sure if any of them were setting buds...but I suspect that they won't flower much this year.

No comments: