Saturday, January 20, 2007

Busman's Holiday

I'm going out of town for a couple of days, off to Charleston, WV--or as I've taken to calling it lately...Capital City.

There's a swingin' town I know called... Capital City.
People stop and scream hello in... Capital City.
It's the kind of place that makes a bum feel like a king.
And it makes a king feel like some nutty, cuckoo,super-king.

It's against the law to frown in... Capital City.
You'll caper like a stupid clown when you chance to see...
Fourth Street and 'D'! Yeah!

Once you get a whiff of it, you'll never want to roam,
From Capital City, my home sweet, swingin' home!

It should be interesting because I'm going with a friend for a work conference. I'm sort of interested to see what it'll be like. She's told me stories about coworkers--and now I feel like Jane Goodall off to observe them in their habitat.

Since she has seminars and other thrilling stuff during the day I'll spend a lot of time just in the hotel room working on poems, mss, etc. By some twist of fate, Brent Goodman at Wrong Horoscope has an excellent post here about issues to consider when submitting work. Hoepfully I can get in some bookshopping and maybe a trip to the dog track while I'm there.

No comments: