Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I've Got to Have This

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Usually, I just end up sending the little automatic emails from Amazon in the trash. Rarely do I get info about something I'd actually really buy. But today, today was a good day.

I've known about this for a couple months now, thanks to Eric. He hooked me up with the stellar A John Waters Christmas and I cannot wait to get my grubby little paws on this. I love the cover art: the flipped collar, the red work pastoral backdrop, that disco-era pink marquee lettering.

According to the Amazon.com promo blurb, the selections on A Date are "all romantic seduction music I would play if I had you over."

There are no media player snippets available for preview yet, but the track list looks fantastic.

1. Tonight You Belong to Me - Patience and Prudence
2. Jet Boy Jet Girl - Elton Motello
3. Ain't Got No Home - Clarence "Frogman" Henry
4. I'd Love to Take Orders from You - Mildred Bailey,
5. In Spite of Ourselves - Iris DeMent, John Prine
6. All I Can Do Is Cry - Ike Turner, Tina Turner
7. Big Girls Don't Cry - Edith Massey
8. Imitation of Life - Earl Grant
9. Sometimes I Wish I Had a Gun - Mink Stole
10. Johnny Are You Queer? - Josie Cotton
11. Night Time is the Right Time
12. Hit the Road to Dreamland - Dean Martin
13. If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake - Eileen Barton,
14. Bewildered - Shirley & Lee

I've heard the Edith Massey cover of "Big Girls Don't Cry," it defies description; I'm hoping Mink Stole's "Sometimes I Wish I Had a Gun" delivers as well.

In related news, CourTV (those bastids) have not aired the "'Til Death Do Us Part" series yet; there's no upcoming airdate listed or any info regarding the series' status. Despite the fact that they've posted a press release about the show.

No comments: