Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Random Geekiness

or, Things I Forgot to Post Before

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I bought a paper shredder today--I could not find my actual cheap-o model online, so just imagine that the one in this picture is black. I don't get a lot of junk mail worth shredding so I never really saw the need for one before. I'm actually going to use it to shred up a year's worth of magazines and newspapers to recycle as mulch. (I'll admit, I can't see paying 7 or 8 bucks a bag for bark.) For costing less than 12 bucks american, it's pretty good--zippy and quiet. Though I did overheat it by using it longer than the pamphlet recommends. I know now. I'm about a quarter of the way through my shredding. Very handy. And seeing Condy Rice and George Bush's faces coming out in strips made me smile...I started with my Time backlog.

~*~

Brian picked up American Doll Posse yesterday and for the most part, seems to like it. I've heard a couple of full tracks now, aside from "Big Wheel." The oh-so-amusing-to me "Fat Slut" is only :40. Pity. I think it could be expanded. "Velvet Revolution" is a faux French cafe/cabaret song. It's fun. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of it.

~*~

Harper's magazine has now archived all of its content since 1850 online for subscribers. That's a quarter million pages! I've not really played too much with it but I plan on taking a lot of time this weekend and just seeing what's there.

~*~
And remember: Never let your kids shred!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: