Thursday, July 26, 2007

Evening

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I went and cut the acidanthera and am now enjoying it in a big glass vase as I type. They're one of the only "high maintenance" bulbs I keep. They don't winter over well here so I dig them up every fall...but I think it's worth it. The perfect tigridia is no more. I went out to cut it as well and nothin to be seen...not even a spent bloom...curious. I had a few starts of a striped purple prairie mallow on the back porch in a terra cot pot that I've been nurturing the last couple of weeks to set out this weekend...went out to water this morning and something had dug up the dirt in the pot. Out of the six I had...it seems like only two will survive.

~*~
I finished up a "curb appeal" grouping at the front entrance of the hotel this morning. Two large pagoda umbrellas and four planters. Very pretty...but very very heavy. Arbor vitae that are 6 feet tall are a bitch to move. In the middle of appraising the effect and spacing, the owner and I were in the parking lot, a woman stops her car in the middle of the street and yelled out to us that she loved the colors. It was one of those peculiar positive small town moments.

~*~
Have been pinging back and forth between Ripple Effect and Misery Prefigured the last few nights before bed.

1 comment:

Peter said...

This flower is gorgeous. It looks like a snowdrop.